Join us Saturday, September 2, for a Salsa Showdown! We’re going to try out hosting our first salsa competition. Whether you’re looking to compete
Join us Saturday, September 2, for a Salsa Showdown! We’re going to try out hosting our first salsa competition. Whether you’re looking to compete or you just love to munch down on chips & salsa, TUPPS is the place to be September 2.
Tickets will include 1 beer, hard seltzer, or non-alcoholic option of your choice, plus chips to do unlimited salsa tastings. Fresh Mex will be here with their food truck to feed you tacos and other delicious items, as well as The Chill Zone with their Mangonadas and other snow cones and non-alcoholic drink options.
TUPPS is family friendly. Ticket not required to attend, but required to participate in salsa sampling and voting on People’s Choice Award.
Just want to come try all of the salsa and vote on the People’s Choice Award? Tickets are available and include 1 drink of choice from the bar plus chips to taste unlimited salsa samples. Ticket not required to attend, but required to try the salsas!
VENDORS & DRINK SPECIALS:
- Fresh Mex – Tacos, Ceviche, Agua Frescas, etc.
- The Chill Zone – Mangonadas, snow cones, and other non-alcoholic options
- We’ll have some drink specials for the event! Salted Lime Mexican Lager with Tajin rim, Micheladas, and Strawberry Margarita Seltzer Slushees.
CONTEST ENTRY RULES:
- This competition is open to all homemade salsa creators. The competition is restricted to non-commercial salsa. Salsa produced on the premises of a commercial kitchen or restaurant, or for resale with commercial intent, are not eligible. The salsa must be made by the contestant.
- We will accept 15 contestants.
- There is no entry fee to compete. We will have 3 categories you can compete in: Hot, Mild, and Anything Goes!
- Anything goes is for the non-traditional salsas (Pineapple, avocado, mango, etc.) That means your choice of ingredients – think outside the bowl!
- There will also be a People’s Choice award, based on attendee votes.
- Each contestant is required to make 2 gallons of salsa.
- Indicate on your entry the date it was made. Must be fresh made for competition and brought cold to the event. (We ask that you make the salsa within 24-48 hours of the event.)
- Bring your entry to the competition in a sealable container such as a ball or mason jar with sealable lid, a sealable “zip lock” type container, or airtight Tupperware.
- All entries will be refrigerated in TUPPS cooler until judging or serving time.
- Entities will be accepted starting Friday, August 4 and taken until August 31, or the 15 competitor slots are full.
- Contestants may arrive starting at 10:30 AM on Sept. 2 and must be checked in by 11:30 AM.
- TUPPS will provide chips with attendant tickets, as well as ramekins for you to serve the salsa in.
- Contestants are to set up and serve their salsa to the general public from 12:00-4:00 PM or until salsa is gone.
- Judging will take place at the competition by TUPPS judges and the general public between 12:00-2:00 PM. Judging will be based on aroma, consistency, appropriate heat level, color, taste, and after taste.
- PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, as well as People’s Choice.
- 1st in each category – TUPPS Swag Bag including a special TUPPS Branded Mug, TUPPS beer tokens, TUPPS 32 oz. growler & koozie, a case of TUPPS beer, and a certificate for free rental space to celebrate your win.
- People’s Choice – TUPPS Swag Bag including a special TUPPS Branded Mug, TUPPS beer tokens, TUPPS 32 oz. growler & koozie, a case of TUPPS beer, and a certificate for free rental space to celebrate your win.
EVENT COORDINATORS WILL PROVIDE:
- 3 feet of table space for serving
- Table covers
- Trash cans and garbage bags around the Taproom
- Access to a sink for hand washing
- Judge’s Tasting Cup – We will hand these out when you arrive to collect a sample for judges.
- On-site walk-in refrigerator to store salsa
- Boats of chips (to attendees)
- Ramekins for serving salsa to attendees
- Gloves for people serving
TO SIGN UP AND COMPETE IN THE COMPETITION:
(Saturday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm